Progress questions

Originally posted by /u/Dark1Elder

Is resting your game a requirement to progress, or can you just go straight through with out ever resetting, and if it is required when’s the best time to reset?

I’m in year 1,233, am working to make enough compendiums and blueprints to research Biochemistry and Robotics, as well as working towards building my first Unicorn Utopia. Making progress is very slow, but is possible.

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

Snowtheratkin

I had to restart my game due to it dissapearing. My first ran I ran to Year 1000, and had like 140 kittens?
I progressed further then I did in my origin 3 reset in game in that one save.

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

Tijnewijn

When you reset you get paragon for the amount of kittens you have, so always max out your kittens before resetting. When you get to mid game you want lots of priests to lvl up your transcendence, but for now you only use them to produce resources so if it’s going fast enough for you and you’re not planning on resetting soon then you don’t need them.

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
31Y

tryce355

I have a save I have running in the background while at work, it’s at year 163,412, first run no resets. It’s taken 4 real-life years to get there.

Eventually you get to the point where your progress is limited by storage. For my save, it’s science storage limiting me from creating more antimatter. And to get more storage, normally you’d reset to gain paragon, which boosts storage and resource gain.

So a “normal” game with numerous resets under its belt allows for much more of everything than a game without them.

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

XenosHg

Well, they’re your workers that produce resources. If you have enough buffs to cap any manual resource in seconds, then I guess you don’t need them for anything except more faith.

There’s a way to play without ever getting kittens at all, but this run you’re already out of it.

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

Dark1Elder

Is it recommended to have High number of kittens? I’m at 70 and haven’t bothered getting more.

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

ShadowShedinja

Required, no. Recommended, absolutely. General rule of thumb is get to at least 71 kittens, then reset after it takes too long to get more housing.

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
21Y

XenosHg

Ah, and the usual minimal recommendation for the first reset is 130+ kittens for 60+ paragon, and Apocrypha upgrade in religion (so 100k worship + whatever the ugprade costs to buy)

That’s usually after Mechanization with Combustion and Metallurgy being optional

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
31Y

XenosHg

A lot of the meta-progression is meta-physics, permanent upgrades that cost paragon.
You get 1 point per kitten above 70 which is the fast way, OR you get 1 point per 1000 game years which is the slow way even if you unlock time-travel.

So if you want a self-challenge, you can do a non-reset run but you will need to remember to keep doing
TAP: (transcend if you can)>adore>praise again
At least every week (as you would normally reset the run at about the same pace).

Not sure if you can afford converting your TCs to relics (25 TCs to 1 relic) at this early point to unlock Chronophysics, Tachyon, Chronoforge (so that’s a total of 40 TC and 6 relics, or 190 TCs if you’re converting) to speed up your paragon.
If you do, convert alicorns to TCs only do it when you have enough to buy the next thing, otherwise keep building up efficiency.

At any rate, your paragon goes 5 points to Enlightenment then 10 to Megalomania, and then you can TRADE for relics and TCs, speeding up the process by a lot.

Still keep getting price ratios, cost 50 100 250, but for 750 you want to carefully backup your save file and use the present box that you get every year on new year. Or maybe even for 250 this year and 750 the next year, because getting 250 000 years is also pretty hard.

Create a post
  • 0 users online
  • 1 user / day
  • 3 users / week
  • 4 users / month
  • 4 users / 6 months
  • 13 subscribers
  • 1.04K Posts
  • 6.3K Comments
  • Modlog