Quick question about leaders

Originally posted by /u/Daure_Labori

Do the traits and the rank promotions only matter when they’re leader?

i read the wiki and from what i understood only the leader gets the benefits, but the button that says “Promote Kittens” has a description that says “the leader promotes your kittens” so it kinda confuses me to why would there be a button to promote other kittens.

is there any benefit in promoting other workers? aside from switching leaders?

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
21Y

Daure_Labori

Thanks for the ideass

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
31Y

leilani238

When I first unlock engineers, I do manually pick out the first few so I can promote them individually, especially when I’m not going to be looking at the game for a while. Usually I’ll look for a metallurgist since steel is often the limiting factor at that point, promote just that kitten, make leader, unassign, then add the one free kitten to engineers. That leader speed bonus is a big help when you only have a few engineers. I’ll do that, minus the “make leader” step, a few more times, for as many factories as I have, at least for a handful, maybe until I’ve got enough spare gold that mass promotions aren’t a problem, depending on the situation (how much paragon I’ve got, challenge I’m doing, etc).

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

Daure_Labori

Thank you!

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

Daure_Labori

Thank you!

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
61Y

XenosHg

Engineers need to be of the same level as they resource they’re crafting, to do it full speed. If they’re lower, they get a penalty. So there’s a mass promotion button so you don’t need to manually pick every engineer, make them leader, and promote.

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
41Y

MrPopoGod

When you unlock access to engineers, their rate of crafting goods automatically is affected by their rank. Easy stuff is full speed with a rank 1 engineer, while the end game stuff you need a rank 5 engineer to go full speed.

Create a post
  • 0 users online
  • 1 user / day
  • 3 users / week
  • 4 users / month
  • 4 users / 6 months
  • 13 subscribers
  • 1.04K Posts
  • 6.3K Comments
  • Modlog