Furs

Originally posted by /u/DankishPro

I am on year 2 because I just discovered this game and started playing. I don’t know what is eating away all the fur. (I have 4 cats)

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
13Y

DankishPro

Thanks!

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
23Y

gencha

1. Buy as many buildings of each type as you can (cap them)
  2. Only buy storage buildings once you’ve capped your relevant production buildings (before that, you’re wasting resources)
  3. Buy all upgrades before you buy new technologies

These 3 basic guidelines work well. Key is to realize when you need to not follow them so you can focus on short-term goals. Sometimes you need to get a lot of excess storage to be able to store a new key resource and unlock a crucial upgrade.

Reading the wiki also helps a lot :)

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
13Y

mothuzad

That’s good advice. One thing to watch out for: Increasing the kitten population will decrease happiness, which does eventually become a problem. There’s a science you can research to unlock a building which will mitigate that penalty.

I recommend assigning a scientist leader for your first few runs. The decrease to science prices makes it far easier to unlock important buildings and upgrades. (You can change the leader anytime, so maybe even switch to artisan when you’re desperate for craftable resources.)

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
43Y

TotalSolipsist

Here are some guides that I’ve found are good for giving direction when I’m unsure where to take things: http://bloodrizer.ru/games/kittens/wiki/index.php?page=Guides+and+advice+and+stuff&redirect=no

For where you are right now, I’d recommend getting another hut or 2, research mining, then build a workshop. Workshop upgrades are great for giving you a boost. Also, ignore hunters until you need parchment for buildings/tech. The small happiness boost does less than you’d get from giving those kittens another job.

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
23Y

DankishPro

Thanks for replying!

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
53Y

Auirom

Cat power let’s you send hunters and when you get gold it let’s you trade. As for advancing early I don’t have and ideas on that. I normally just play for fun and try not to let any kittens die

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
23Y

DankishPro

Thank you for the reply. Are there any suggestions on how to advance fast early on? (I have 4 cats and lv55 field, lv1 barn, calender/agriculture/archery unlocked) P.S. What does cat power do?

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
83Y

thirdbrunch

For now you get them by sending hunters. The building to consistently produce them won’t be for a while. It just gives some excess happiness and you can progress even without having any.

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
23Y

DankishPro

Thank you for the reply, but how can I produce furs?

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
113Y

Big_Money_Dannyboy

Furs are a luxury resource that the cats love! They’re consuming them. Don’t worry, as the years progress, you’ll be able to get *more* furs faster and also buy buildings and upgrades that will help slow down the rate that they consume them.

Create a post
  • 0 users online
  • 1 user / day
  • 3 users / week
  • 4 users / month
  • 4 users / 6 months
  • 15 subscribers
  • 1.06K Posts
  • 6.32K Comments
  • Modlog