Originally posted by /u/alpinemesh

Hi everyone, it is me again with the attempts to produce videos about Kittens Game. I got the general sentiment the last time that watching a let’s play is not too entertaining because there is nothing spectacular to look at but I just could not stop :)

Elevator pitch: Are you a beginner and just don’t know yet how to survive your first winter without too many casualties? Maybe you are a seasoned player that wants to help a friend to get started? This video tutorial has all the answers to the very basic questions and a tiny bit more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhEcvK1MZ_E

It has two parts. The general explanation of what incremental games are and what is the point of them, and a hands-on practical example of getting started with a very first run of Kittens. I am sure that most people here don’t need it anymore, but you may use it to get your friends play and enjoy it, which was my initial intention.

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
23Y

featherwinglove

Me no understand “penny pinching” …those things are expensive. The runs I’ve seen (at least the recent WRs) beacon the silo so hard that it can build the rocket faster than it can launch it and they hand inject all the parts. Where I see the most red belt is actually in the steel back end: They size it to fill a yellow conveyor with stone furnaces, and then once they have the steel/refractory furnace, replace all those furnaces with the double-speed variety, double the number of iron EMMs, and replace most of the yellow belt with red belt. Also, in 100% almost all of the red belt is used to bring together the iron and copper for the 48 green circuit front ends for the most ridiculous achievement I’ve ever seen in a video game. And it’s in a video game that has an achievement for getting run over by your own train. (The funniest train accident I’ve ever seen was this guy who blew up a biter nest and had this medium biter following him for nearly a minute until it got splattered by a train. The player had no idea this was happening until I tagged him with the timestamp in a comment days after the gameplay.)

Create a post
  • 0 users online
  • 1 user / day
  • 3 users / week
  • 4 users / month
  • 4 users / 6 months
  • 15 subscribers
  • 1.06K Posts
  • 6.32K Comments
  • Modlog