Hey all, I need some help finding out what I am missing on why my max kittens are lower than normal. I have three challenges active: winter has come, anarchy, and energy. Only half my kittens are working because of anarchy, which makes sense. But I have 8 huts and 14 log houses which should be 30 kittens and my max is only 24. I am not sure what else I have that could be causing it, but something is tickling the back of my brain that I should remember. I just haven’t played much over the past few years to remember all the ins and outs of the game and am having trouble searching for info on the wiki.

@TaliaDias
creator
link
fedilink
English
17M

Apparently I just needed to make this post to finally find what I was missing, it was Holy Genocide. Tested turning it off, but now that I am past the initial hump it is better to have it on, so just leaving it for now. It made the beginning of this game with the three challenges take quite a while, I had to build up a ton of catnip fields and run with just one hut/farmer for a while to build up a catnip store. Then after a few huts I had to balance 3 working cats, switching one of them occasionally to wood while watching the catnip plummet. Probably all things that happen in a completely new game, but it’s been 8 years since I’ve been at that point. Pretty fun.

@bloodrizer
mod
link
fedilink
English
17M

HG reduces kittens number, but overall increases their productivity, so you should be about the same resource-wise

@TaliaDias
creator
link
fedilink
English
27M

Yep, that’s what I found out. However I think it would have been better without HG at the beginning due to rounding down housing sometimes and the anarchy challenge. I had to sit at 1 hut for a while, since buying the 2nd and 3rd huts didn’t give enough workers to sustain themselves farming. At the fourth hut I finally had 3 workers, which were able to sustain the non working kittens if all 3 were farming. Then I was able to let it sit and build up a catnip store before switching one to woodcutting, running negative on catnip, until I got too low and switching it back. I think with HG off I could have started to do that with the 2nd or 3rd hut. Due to rounding there was always a time that I would get a non working kitten without a paired working kitten due to anarchy. But after that initial part I started getting pastures and it started to not matter anymore. It was fun to go back to actually worrying about catnip for the first time in years.

Create a post
  • 0 users online
  • 1 user / day
  • 3 users / week
  • 4 users / month
  • 4 users / 6 months
  • 12 subscribers
  • 1.04K Posts
  • 6.29K Comments
  • Modlog