1000 year challenge

Originally posted by /u/melinamalana

Hello guy, before making another stupid decision i want confirmation.

What is the handicap in this challenge? Is like normal challenge and time not moving or i’m not aware of some problem that it will slow down more then normal? So maybe if i want i can make in combo with energy? I don’t see this challenge like a challenge, where is the trick? Thank!

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

Tasonir

The short answer is make sure you can skip at least 500 years. It’s better if you can shatter 750+ “comfortably” to do the challenge more quickly, but 500 is absolutely required. By comfortably, I mean that you can deal with the heat generated quickly. If you can afford a few chrono furnaces, it’ll go a lot faster.

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

Dysan27

1000 year is a fairly good one to pair with most of the other challenges. Since either you need Void anyways (Atheism, for the cryo chambers), Or void is after the main challenge is mostly completed.

All this challenge does it that after year 500 to advance the year you must shatter TC (best to get all the TC you need before the run starts). BUT shattering also takes void in this challenge.

With out shattering you would just go from year 500 Winter Day 99 to Year 500 Spring Day 00 (NOT year 501)

It can slow down runs as you can’t shatter as quickly with resource retrieval. OR shatter for Antimatter.

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
71Y

XenosHg

The handicap is that you need to shatter 500+ TCs to win. (definitely from year 500 to year 1000, but before that too, if you want it done fast), plus some relics to even unlock shattering at all.
Nothing else. Normal gameplay.

On repetition, the extra challenge is that shatters cost void - so you want to shatter wholesale because void is always rounded up to the whole number, so better have 67.5 rounded up to 68 void for 45 shatters, than have 1.5 rounded up to 2, 45 times in a row total of 90.

Create a post
  • 0 users online
  • 1 user / day
  • 3 users / week
  • 4 users / month
  • 4 users / 6 months
  • 13 subscribers
  • 1.05K Posts
  • 6.31K Comments
  • Modlog