How do i progress

Originally posted by /u/IKindaLikeCorn

I’ve gotten 31 kittens right now, pre theology. I’m trying to do Basic Resource Rotation, but im not sure how to go about it. Do i buy barns first? (Do barns even have a limit?) Do i grind wood? Should i max my housing first?

Im really confused because theres often alot to buy, and some of be buildings need both minerals and wood

Mini question: should my smelters always be on?

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
21Y

XenosHg

“Do barns have a limit?”
A question that shows you didn’t try set your expectations wrong, because the price ratio on barns is basically the highest in the game (except huts, before the upgrades, since barns don’t have upgrades) - barns are the easiest building to cap But maybe start with production/housing, then do storage when you’re limited by storage. Then again build more production/housing.

Everything can be capped if it costs a normal resource anywhere in the list (like Iron or Science or Wood), and not just slabs/beams/plates (like for example Warehouse)

As for smelters - as you mentioned before, you might turn them off if you need minerals and wood more urgently, but eventually you want to keep production buildings running all the time, because they’re making stuff that kittens do not produce, and thus turning them off delays you more.

The first run is about 2 weeks, you’re almost at the stage where you start crafting and workshops become the most important building in the game.

Create a post
  • 0 users online
  • 1 user / day
  • 3 users / week
  • 4 users / month
  • 4 users / 6 months
  • 13 subscribers
  • 1.05K Posts
  • 6.32K Comments
  • Modlog