As of today my oldest Kittens Game save I have is 10 years old, 2014 08 14. I most likely made my first save a day or two after I started playing, so I have officially been playing this game for over a decade. I can’t get it to load, my save method then was emailing the exported file to myself so it looks a little weird in gmail, maybe a character isn’t copied right or something: https://hatebin.com/elbsetplyc

Here is my current save as of today if you want to check it out: https://hatebin.com/qdaawmojpm . As you can see in the screenshot, I am a very idle player. The 1 year without resetting achievement was no problem at all, I probably got that 2 or 3 times total, and close a few other times. The times I did year long runs I still had it running constantly, never had the window closed, and still checked up on it at least once a week (generally when I restarted my computer and reopened the tab). I have a lot of clicks, that is mostly due to a lot of manually trading. While I am mostly idle, there are times I will get really into the game for a few hours and make the progress through my run.

I have 21/21 achievements, but only 4/5 gold stars (missing You Monster’s gold star, keep meaning to work on getting that). I have 6 out of 12 basges, not really sure what I am missing there. I remember doing Iron Will before the Challenges tab existed, so I don’t have any number next to it, but the rest of the Challenges have each been done only 1 to 4 times. Since I hardly ever reset these are probably the things I am lowest on compared to others.

This was completely vanilla. Never any scripts, no cheats, I think I did use a save editor a few years into playing the game to fix something when an update broke something, but I can’t remember what that was. Just a lot of clicking, and a lot of waiting.

@TaliaDias
creator
link
fedilink
12M

Create a post
  • 0 users online
  • 1 user / day
  • 3 users / week
  • 4 users / month
  • 4 users / 6 months
  • 14 subscribers