Originally posted by /u/petethered

I seem to have hit some sort of relic “ceiling”.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cp2zwy524davbyw/Kittens Game - Run 1984 - Year 47542 - Spring%2C day 13.txt?dl=0

Here’s a save file , run 1984 , 868k paragon, 1.74e+308 relics.

That’s 174.705QWWT in game notation.

If I reset this run, I come back in with 0 relics.

Is there a limit to the number of relics you can have?

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

KaiseerKenopsia

run 1984

Literally 1984

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
21Y

KaiseerKenopsia

I… I think this guy won the game

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

petethered

edit this line:

let loopTime = 1500 ; let todo = [‘hunt’,‘sharks’,‘hunt’,‘sharks’,‘zebras’];

To change how often (in ms) trade/hunt and in what order

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

petethered

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pulifvfeeus02l0/KS_STATS_TRADE.txt?dl=0

That you can add as a new tamper/greasemonkey script.

It will do the trades, and give you the stats box.

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

petethered

I’d offer you my states/KS settings, but they vary depending on how deep you are.

If you want, I have some console scripts laying around that would do two things:

1. Automatically trade/hunt every 750ms through a set (sharks, sharks, zebras, hunt) that’s adjustable to the order you want

2. A “smarter” time skip… will skip in increments of 5 until void heat reaches a limit (say 100k) and then stay in Charon until it burns off.

They print a little box in the bottom left corner telling you

seasons until void Relics Black coin relics and GFlops

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

MysticalKittyHerder

Ahh cool thanks for the explanation. I’m at 79 runs and was able to get to 70 CS by year 100k, guess I’ll just keep doing that! I use KS too, that really helps

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

petethered

My first save file is Nov 22, 2022.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j5uvhgym4rroasq/AAAMRBjXz7iEWb656ENBWSSHa?dl=0

I’m a pretty obsessive saver, so I have a pretty good history of my entire playthrough.

That being said, I’m a KittenScientists player. It’s a script that you can load in manually, or with tampermonkey/greasemonkey that can automate parts of the game for you. I’ve contributed bug reports, fixes, and features to the project as well.

I played about the first 10 resets by hand, and then switched over to using KS.

https://wiki.kittensgame.com/en/guides-and-advice-and-stuff/relic-engines

Once I got the level 3 relic engine running (reset with over 67 chronospheres), around run 134, I got into tuning the auto-reset system and there’s an “explosion” of progress once that starts.

The key was getting around 50k void the “hard way” and then I was able to generate more void then I needed per reset.

I have my own set of scripts I’ve written in conjunction with KS that helped smooth out the flow, making sure that manuscripts, parchment, compendiums, blueprints, concrete, and alloy get made faster. And sacrificing unicorns and getting sorrow to drag the BLS back up faster.

I did “deep” (1k kitten) runs at first, but the kitten join speed became my bottle neck, so last couple of days i’ve been running 100ish Chronosphere resets every 3 minutes maximizing the relic growth which is what brought me to the cap. Paragon growth was slow there.

Now I’m doing paragon runs of around 1k every 13 minutes.

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

MysticalKittyHerder

How did you get to 868k paragon? Have you been grinding for years?

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

XenosHg

Yeah, always sad when you get promised more than infinity, but it doesn’t work. (happened to me in progress knight, too)

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
31Y

petethered

Well man,

I was replying to /u/bloodrizer saying that the alpha branch can go beyond the MAX_INTEGER limit, and confirming experimentally that it didn’t go past the limit but up to the limit.

He did write “IIRC”, so I was indicating that he did not recall correctly :)

I’ll run some paragon instead of relic reset runs and reset my expectation as to which number gets bigger.

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

XenosHg

The point is to make it easier than juggling trying to grow slow resources, with constantly resetting fast resources. This way, you can reach infinity on everything.

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

petethered

Well…

The alpha doesn’t reset-relics-to-0 on reset, but it goes to MAX_INTEGER and stays there.

I reset the above save and it goes to 1.79e308.

Oh well, guess I’m getting close to the “real end game” state ;)

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

petethered

That makes sense.

Thanks for replying!

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

petethered

Thanks!

Guess I’m switching to Alpha and seeing how high I can go.

I maxed out my Cryptotheology to give myself some breathing room and dropped it to e+301, but it will happen again quickly…

AI Core
creator
mod
admin
link
fedilink
11Y

SamStone1000

The limit is the largest number JavaScript can store. Which is 1.79e308 I believe and this limit should affect every resource in the game if you get them there. Because regular JavaScript behavior would be to make the number infinity if you go past the limit, Kittensgame instead resets the resource to 0. The is probably because having infinite of a resource would let you buy as many buildings as you want and other potential oddities due to how infinity is implemented.

Create a post
  • 0 users online
  • 1 user / day
  • 3 users / week
  • 4 users / month
  • 4 users / 6 months
  • 13 subscribers
  • 1.05K Posts
  • 6.31K Comments
  • Modlog