Missing “documentation”

At first I want to say: I love this game. I am playing it for years now (with long pausings), and dont feel I am near to finishing it.

But the game still seems to be a WIP. This is not a critic to the developers. The web version is for free and I payed around 3€ for mobile… Totaly worth it!

The thing that “bugs” me the most is that on some mechanics there dont seem to be any explanation. The descriptions are sometimes unclear or just “tbd”. The wiki also seems to lack a deeper explanation. The most useful way is to read reddit posts. And then I am asking myself: How the fuck do they know these things? xD

This post is no “make a better documentation”-post. I just want to discuss this with you guys and want to here your thoughts about it :D

@TaliaDias
link
fedilink
English
16M

I’ve been playing this game for almost a decade now, and still have to look stuff up sometimes when I forget about it (generally after months mostly idling before resetting.) The wiki is helpful, but as you said doesn’t really explain things so I mostly use reddit. I also sometimes have to go to the old wiki to find things, they might be on the new one but I am a curmudgeon and have trouble getting used to it.

@bloodrizer
mod
link
fedilink
English
edit-2
6M

The wiki is a community driven, and is intended to be filled by players as they discover things along. The main documentation for the game is it’s source code that is intentionally left open for exploration.

Given that the game is an ongoing project it is impossible to maintain accurate tracking for all mechanics, as a lot of things are being changed and fleshed out on ongoing basis.

@MrZucchinibrot
creator
link
fedilink
English
16M

Its so cool. Maybe sometime I will be the one who discovers a mechanic you developers built into the game!

Create a post
  • 0 users online
  • 1 user / day
  • 3 users / week
  • 4 users / month
  • 4 users / 6 months
  • 12 subscribers
  • 1.04K Posts
  • 6.29K Comments
  • Modlog