The consensus seems to be to take Transcendence to get from TT10 to 14. That’s what I did 2yrs ago, getting close to TT24 now. In the late game Compendia seem the way to go, to boost your science to insane levels. Which sounds nice, but I don’t have enough Chronospheres for that yet. Last year I was in a strange game state because of a true 40k run, so I picked burned paragon. Due to limited time to play actively, that run is still ongoing (true year 56442 atm :D), but I plan to reset soonish.

So, my question now is: What’s the best mid-game pick? I’m considering:

• 1500 burned paragon again sounds solid, I’m at roughly 500/4600 (with another 1k+ after reset)
  • I’m at 90k Karmakittens, so another 25*25k = 625k would also make a difference (roughly +344 Karma, which currently sits at only around 180). But then again, happiness (900%-ish) is not super important at this stage, since it does not affect space. Could help with religion though.

Everything else seems irrelevant (e.g. +2k TC, when I have many tens of millions) or impossible (e.g. Metaphysics, which are already unlocked). Unless there is some obvious choice I’m overlooking.

@TaliaDias
link
fedilink
05M

I think you misunderstood the karmakittens option. Since you have 90k karmakittens, you would only get 25k so you would total 115k after. You only get 25 times your karmakittens points if you are under 50 karma.

@Kselia
creator
link
fedilink
edit-2
4M

I mean, the source code is pretty clear that it is how it is written on the wiki. If you have more than 50 Karma you get 25 times your karmakittens or 25 times 25k, whichever is lower. Otherwise (i.e. less than or equal 50 Karma) you get 5k karmakittens.

https://bitbucket.org/bloodrizer/kitten-game/src/41fab88ea32c51deb44fd7f8a2f5cf6c17e87e3b/game.js?at=master#game.js-5230

@TaliaDias
link
fedilink
edit-2
4M

Apparently I was the one who misunderstood it. My brain misplaced where the parenthesis existed so I read the wiki as I described it, but looking at the code was much more clear, it is as you describe and is a much better bonus. The wiki is also correct, I just made the mistake.

That could potentially be a good idea to go for then. I’m debating going for it as well, as Karma is not something I ever paid much attention to but over the almost decade of playing this game I am only sitting at 600 or so, around 925k karma kittens. It looks like adding 625k karma kittens would only bump me up to about 788 karma, but also that is years upon years of karma. I can get 1500 burned paragon fairly easily by doing one run, but that would require burning all my paragon (around 11k, burned is at 17k). This is kind of a weird choice.

@gjm
link
fedilink
15M

I’d definitely pick burned paragon. (It’s definitely what I’m planning to do, but my game is quite a bit further along than yours. I’m not much tempted by the compendia option – I’m in mid-relic-run right now, which is where you might expect that to be valuable, and the only thing I care about that’s science-capped is space stations, and a few extra kittens are clearly much less useful than 1500bp.)

@TaliaDias
link
fedilink
edit-2
5M

It’s that time of year where I once again forget where to go to open up the present, and completely forget what was in them. I also don’t really remember getting to choose what was in them, aren’t they sort of based on where you are in the game?

@gjm
link
fedilink
15M

You can’t open it until after Eldermass, which means not until something like a week into January. What you get is based on where you are in the game, but you can control that somewhat. E.g., if you are at max Leviathenergy then you get the gift of burned paragon; so if that seems like a good idea to you, you can wait until your next relic run and open the present at some point when that’s the case; if not, you can open the present at a time when it isn’t the case.

@TaliaDias
link
fedilink
15M

Yeah it is interesting, I finally checked out the wiki page. I must have always been in the middle or end of a run, so always get burned paragon as far as I recall, except I do remember doing the 4* compendia one time. Looks like if you reset and are careful then you can get pretty much any of the options. None of the others look all that great though.

Create a post
  • 0 users online
  • 1 user / day
  • 3 users / week
  • 4 users / month
  • 4 users / 6 months
  • 12 subscribers
  • 1.04K Posts
  • 6.29K Comments
  • Modlog